Axis Studios are looking for highly creative ENVIRONMENT ARTISTS with an eye for creating beautiful convincing scenes and images. If you're an Environment Artist with a minimum of 3 years experience looking for the next exciting project then get in touch.
- Strong modelling, texturing, layout, lighting and DMP skills.
- Flair for composition and firm grasp on photography and colour.
- Knowledgeable compositor with strong attention to detail.
- Projection and 2.5D technique experience.
- Demonstrable output of photoreal environments.
- Keen observational awareness of natural and architectural scenarios.
- Reality capture usage (HDR, ref imagery, photoscan, LIDAR, etc).
- Experience working in VFX pipeline.
- Team player, collaborating to ensure best possible output.
- Experience with procedural tools advantageous.
- Understanding of rendering volumes for atmosphere/clouds is desirable.
- Concepting abilities also beneficial.
- Nuke, Photoshop, Mari, Substance Painter, Maya, Houdini, Arnold, Redshift.
- Keen on film/photography.
- Organised and bright.
- Thoughtful and attentive in their work.
- Understands and actions feedback notes well.
- Able to self direct.
- Has a creative eye.
- Emphasis on realism in work.