Axis Studios are looking to hire a talented REALTIME CINEMATIC LEAD ANIMATOR in our flagship Glasgow Studio!
This is an exciting time to join the studio as we expand our Realtime Cinematic team at Axis! If you have a passion for AAA games and want to be part of a team that is shaping the future of the studio this could be the opportunity you are looking for. The ideal candidate will have prior Lead or supervisory experience animating a broad range of characters creatures and vehicles, ensuring the animation style is suitable for the desired direction, whilst defining the cinematography for ongoing projects.
Working at Axis Studios, you would have the opportunity to be part of number of IP's across both photoreal and very stylised projects, so if you have a broad range of experience and enjoy working across a variety of projects - this is for you!
Prior Supervisory or lead experience is a must, along with the ability to troubleshoot technical problems and find solutions. The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of animation pipelines including pre-production, production and post-production. The ability to contribute hands on is essential.
Candidates must be willing and able to work onsite in Glasgow, and we may be able to provide visa sponsorship for exceptional candidates.
- Character and vehicle keyframe animation.
- Facial capture implementation and polish.
- Facial keyframe animation.
- Body Mocap Cleanup/Editing.
- Camera layout/Previs.
- Unreal Sequencer creation/implementation.
- Proven production experience acting in a Supervisory/Lead role.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently lead a team.
- A desire and ability to motivate and develop team members.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work interactively with others.
- Exceptional cinematographic abilities, with a keen eye for editorial elements and storytelling.
- Accomplished examples of keyframe animation, both character acting and full body.
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Maya/Motionbuilder is essential.
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with production and other departments to solve production challenges.
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation, with a keen eye for character pose and staging.
- Good knowledge of cinematography.
- Extensive experience working and editing mocap data.
- Experience with Unreal Sequencer a plus.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic artistic human anatomy.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic human kinetics.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic real world physics and their application for animation.
- Prior Lead or Supervisory experience within a similar role.