This is an exciting time to join the studio as we expand our Realtime Cinematic team at Axis! If you have a passion for AAA games and want to be part of a team that is shaping the future of the studio this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
The Animators primary function is to create high quality character and creature animation, alongside defining the cinematography for ongoing projects.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience animating a broad range of characters creatures and vehicles, ensuring the animation style is suitable for the desired direction. Roles must be carried out onsite in our Glasgow studio and it is preferable that applicants have full working rights for the UK or hold an appropriate visa at time of application.
- Character and vehicle keyframe animation.
- Facial capture implementation and polish.
- Facial keyframe animation.
- Body Mocap Cleanup/Editing.
- Camera layout/Previs.
- Unreal Sequencer creation/implementation.
- Accomplished examples of keyframe animation, both character acting and full body.
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Maya/Motionbuilder is essential.
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with production and other departments to solve production challenges.
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation, with a keen eye for character pose and staging.
- Good knowledge of cinematography.
- Extensive experience working and editing mocap data.
- Experience with Unreal Sequencer a plus.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic artistic human anatomy.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic human kinetics.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic real world physics and their application for animation.
We look forward to hearing from you!