Axis Studios Group are currently recruiting mid/senior level LIGHTING & COMPOSITING ARTISTS to join them on site in Glasgow to support with an exciting animated feature film project.
As a LIGHTING & COMPOSITING ARTIST you will work closely with your lead and production team to deliver the highest quality output, within the given time frame and matching the desired look. You will be able to push the overall quality of a project, as well as feeding into the creative process.
Being approachable and communicating with other members of the wider team is an important part of your job. You know you're doing a great job when amazing looking work gets delivered to a delighted client by a proud team.
- Light and composite shots to a high technical and artistic standard
- Support the more junior members of the team
- Work effectively within a team
- Ensure your shots meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Follow concepts, briefs and feedback accurately
- Suggest feedback and technical solutions on the project
- Work closely with the project management team and keep them informed of progress, changes and other critical issues
- Work closely with the Lead Artist to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity
- Good knowledge of lighting and shading(preferably Houdini and Arnold)
- Good working knowledge of any node based compositing software (preferably Nuke)
- Good visual sense of lighting for 3D photorealism
- Knowledge of light and colour composition, 2D layout
- Calm attitude, ability to work well under pressure
- Problem solving skills and a good eye for details
- At least two years of production experience in a similar position
- Scripting in Python or other relevant technical skills are desirable
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.