Axis Studios are looking to hire a talented Animation Supervisor to our Bristol studio
to an upcoming feature project. Our Supervisors are responsible for managing the
teams and the quality of the output.
We're looking to hire a Supervisor with experience of animating photorealistic
creatures. Proven experience of mentoring animators of various levels through all
stages of production. You’ll be a personable, proactive, self starter who can motivate
and lead the team around you as well as provide creative and technical solutions
which deliver both client and internal quality expectations but also drives commercial
Prior Supervisory experience is essential along with previous experience working on
a feature project. You will have a thorough knowledge of Maya and Houdini the
ability to troubleshoot technical problems. An excellent understanding
of animation pipelines including pre-production, production and post-production is
Candidates must be willing and able to work onsite in Bristol. We may be able to
provide visa sponsorship for exceptional candidates.
● To manage the project animation team and pipeline throughout the course
of the production
● Work closely with the project director/client on the creative vision
● Support production to drive the project team to meet schedule objectives
● Interpreting and communicating the directors/clients feedback and vision to
● Actively providing creative solutions to production/creative issues
● To work with project Director to help bring creative ideas and direction to
● Ensure the quality of output from the animation team meets budget
● To provide examples and benchmarks for animation team to work to
● Be proactive in mentoring and developing all members of
the animation team on project
● Quality controlling animation output by the team on assigned tasks
● Liaising with production on task assignment and scheduling of the team
● Managing and supervising their team towards an advanced level of
keyframe animation. Both body and facial performance.
● Camera layout/Previs where necessary
● Proven experience acting in a Supervisory role, preferably on a Feature Project
● A strong, measurable track record in delivering against animation department goals and targets
● Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently supervise a team
● A desire and ability to lead, motivate and develop team members
● Good communication skills and the ability to work interactively with others.
● Accomplished examples of keyframe animation, both character acting and full body
● Strong understanding of the principles of animation, with a keen eye for pose and staging.
● A thorough knowledge and understanding of basic human kinetics and
basic artistic human anatomy
● Good knowledge of cinematography.
● Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Maya is essential.
● A good knowledge of rigging principles and the ability to feedback to Rigging Department
● Ability to feedback to pipeline and direct any technical changes
● Experience with Maya camera sequencer would be advantageous