Axis Studios are hiring for a Line Producer to manage upcoming long format and development projects.
The role provides a great opportunity to pave the way for how we plan and deliver feature film and broadcast series projects, whilst working with a talented team in a growing studio.
The Line Producer will support the creative ambitions of the project, leading the production, and ensuring successful delivery of the project. They will focus on the big picture to balance the competing pressures of a production: creative vision, schedule, staffing needs, and budget.
Whilst being comfortable operating at a high level, diving into detail may be necessary, proactively anticipating problems and working with the team to realise solutions.
Candidates must have proven experience in delivering animated feature and/or series projects and managing relationships with clients and outsource partners. They bring strong creative judgement alongside extensive production know-how and experience.
It's preferred that the Line Producer will work from the UK, and travel to Glasgow for team meetings and sessions as required.
Line Producers are under the line management of the Head of Production, and are supervised on a day to day basis by the project Executive Producer.
- Lead the daily operations and logistics of the project.
- Manage and track a complex production budget.
- Maintain overview schedule, and delivery oversight, for all project departments.
- Serve as the main point of contact between the day-to-day production team, the Producer and the studio’s Senior Leadership teams.
- Work in partnership with a Production Manager, whilst supervising and delegating effectively to a team of Production Coordinators and Assistants.
- Partner with the Director and creative leadership team to create plans and strategies that accomplish creative and budgetary goals.
- Facilitate the creative direction and ambitions of the project.
- Continually assess both risk, and scope, to ensure delivering on time and budget.
- Plan and track resources across all project departments.
- Manage and drive daily communication, troubleshoot issues and potential delays with Partner Studios and vendors.
- Manage the relationship and drive daily communication with the client(s).
- Generate fiscal and progress reports as required.
An Effective Line Producer:
- Craves responsibility.
- Loves animation.
- Focuses and thrives on problem solving and finding solutions.
- Makes smart decisions.
- Can anticipate a problem to either prevent it or limit the damage.
- Responds pro-actively to stress.
- Manages multiple streams of information without being overwhelmed.
- Approaches problems and conflicts with ownership, positivity and curiosity.
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.