Axis Studios are looking to hire a talented LAYOUT SUPERVISOR for our upcoming feature project.
This is an exciting time for the studio and we are looking for a candidate with significant experience in a similar role ideally on a features project.
The supervisor would be responsible for managing the team & quality of output across the project as a whole, reporting to our Head of Animation, in our flagship Glasgow studio.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to take a hands-on approach from a final execution of sequences to helping support the team.
The Layout supervisor will be expected to engage in basic line management tasks alongside the Head of Animation. Helping manage the performance and wellbeing of the artists, as well as inputting on recruitment decisions when necessary.
Prior Supervisory experience is a must, as is thorough knowledge of Maya and the ability to troubleshoot technical problems and find solutions. The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of animation pipelines including pre-production, production and post-production. The ability to contribute hands on is essential.
Candidates must be willing and able to work onsite in Glasgow, and we may be able to provide visa sponsorship for exceptional candidates.
• Proven production experience acting in a Supervisory role ideally on a feature project.
• A strong, measurable track record in delivering against layout department goals and targets.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently supervise a team.
• A desire and ability to motivate and develop team members.
• A desire and ability to lead others.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work interactively with others.
• Exceptional cinematographic abilities, with a keen eye for editorial elements and storytelling.
• Experience with Maya camera sequencer would be a plus.