The CFX Artist is responsible for simulating cloth, hair, fur, feathers as well as muscle and skin deformation across multiple types of projects. Working closely with the CFX Lead, CG-supervisor and director to ensure various simulations fits the purpose of the story as well as elevating the characters connection to its surroundings. With Houdini being the main CFX software for the studio, the CFX artist will use Axis Houdini CFX pipeline and toolsets in order to create simpler set-ups as well as simulate various CFX in shot production.
The CFX Artist needs to have a good understanding of fabric attributes as well as weight and scale.
● Set up and run Cloth, Hair, Fur, Feather and Muscles simulations.
● Work together with the CFX Lead and CFX Technical Directors to implement solutions adoptable by the whole team across multiple projects, assets, and platforms.
● Communicate with the Modelling team to ensure that the models are suitable for simulation.
● Prototype and implement new solutions, following the standard of our pipeline and contributing to its maintenance.
● Meet delivery deadlines under production constraints.
● Document and present their own work to the rest of the team and be able to mentor them.
● When required be assigned to simpler FX or Rigging tasks during production ensuring exceptional standards, building and improving animation rigs or supporting on foliage or other types of FX where tool requirements is similar to CFX
● Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills.
● Excellent knowledge of Houdini and/or Maya.
● Experience with,Cloth, Fur, Feathers and Muscle simulation.
● Being self-reliant and able to judge and review your own work.
● Solid asset building skills, including modeling and rigging.
● Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks.
● A thorough understanding of the techniques and technologies relating to CFX simulation and procedural animation.
● A familiarity with scripting e.g. vex, Python, hscript is required.