We are hiring talented TECHNICAL DIRECTORS across various departments to join our Research and Development team on an ongoing basis, working onsite in Glasgow.
R&D collaborate with all departments to design, develop and maintain artist tools alongside core applications and services used by Axis Studios. As Department TD you will be responsible for developing and maintaining departmental tools for use on high end visual effects, animation and other such projects. Department TDs work closely with the other TDs, Head of Department, IT and the Head of R&D.
Candidates must be willing and able to work onsite in Glasgow, and we may be able to provide visa sponsorship for exceptional candidates.
- Develop department tools and processes to meet production needs.
- Work with the Head of R&D and Head of Department to prioritize production needs.
- Ensure tools and processes meet the global pipeline framework.
- Test and debug tools and process to ensure stability and usability.
- Act as a liaison for communicating technical issues to Production, R&D and IT.
- Educate artists on how to work with the pipeline.
- Create and update documentation explaining our processes and tools.
- 3+ years of experience in animation or visual effects for film or television.
- Experience developing for Maya, Houdini or Nuke.
- Experience working with Shotgun, FTrack or other production tracking software.
- Strong experience in Python.
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be proactive.
- Be adaptable.
- Experience in designing and building database systems.
- Experience with PyQt / pySide.
- Working knowledge of C++.
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.