Axis is currently seeking Digital Matte Painters to work on a variety of projects on an ongoing basis.
The artist will be responsible for the creation of Digital Mate Paintings used to enhance 3D environments and locations. This may involve the creation of either stand-alone plates, elements suitable for Matte Projection, or a combination of both. The artist may be required to either produce work on their own, or as part of a team.
This role can be performed remotely, with working hours overlapping GMT.
- Creating Digital Mattes and/or textures of environments based on Concept Art and/or photo reference.
- Proven ability to create photorealistic/believable Digital Mattes and/or textures of environments.
- Expert working knowledge of Photoshop.
- A strong creative portfolio and showreel.
- A strong, measurable track record in delivering against project goals.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess a strong understanding of light, colour, perspective and understanding the narrative of a shot.
- Possess excellent artistic communication skills, as well as an excellent eye for detail.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of production pipelines, and implementation.
- The ability to work on an individual and team basis.
- Deadline driven.
- Good communicator
- Demonstrable experience integrating Matte Paintings into 3D environments using Fusion and Houdini
- Flexibility to produce Concept Art from scratch is a plus.
- The artist should have a good understanding of the CG production pipeline including pre-production, production and post-production.
This role is generally a freelance contract on a project basis, however, there are occasional exceptions.
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.