Axis Studios is expanding its Environment team and is looking to hire an experienced Environment Artist to work on a full time or ongoing freelance basis working onsite in Glasgow.
This role requires an artist with a broad background creating different types of assets using both hard surface and sculpted techniques. You’ll be a personable, proactive, self-starter who can ensure the standard and quality of the assets are consistently high.
Prior Modelling, Sculpting, Texturing and Shading experience of a high standard is a must as well as the ability to troubleshoot technical problems. A good understanding of the asset production pipeline including pre-production, production and post-production is also necessary.
- Producing high-quality assets suitable for production both technically and artistically
- Working well within a team of artists
- Adhering to strict deadlines
- Ensuring your assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Accomplished examples of Modelling, Texturing and Shading both hard surface and sculpted assets
- Thorough knowledge of Modelling package of your choice is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Mari and/or Bodypaint 3D, Substance Painter or other 3D texturing software is essential
- Basic understanding of Lighting and Look Development
- Willingness to learn SideFX Houdini workflow
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with production and other departments to solve production challenges
- Ability to feedback to other departments and direct any technical changes
- Proven production experience within a team
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.