Axis Studios has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join the team!
This is a Full Time, Permanent role based in our Glasgow studio.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities, the Facilities Manager is responsible for the successful day to day operation of the physical studio in Glasgow and additionally supporting our home working colleagues.
In this role, the Facilities Manager will collaborate with key stakeholders internally across the Axis Studios Group and externally with suppliers and contractors.
The Facilities Manager has day to day responsibility for the management and maintenance of the Studio and ensuring that it operates safely and in accordance with all statutory legislation and regulation.
The Facilities Manager will be an excellent administrator possessing a strong can-do attitude. They will always put Health & Safety and customer service at the top of their agenda. They will embrace a collaborative approach to problem solving and be action oriented. They will also possess excellent interpersonal, analytical and time management skills to effectively manage work priorities, make decisions quickly whilst remaining calm under pressure and be skilled at managing the expectations of often demanding stakeholders.
- Health & Safety activity within the studio including: regular monthly walkarounds, management of Fire Marshals/First Aiders, updating health and safety documentation, conducting/implementing regular reviews and updates of health and safety policies/procedures, permit to work activity and the onsite safety of contractors, developing/maintaining visitor safety procedures, managing DSE equipment requirements of workers both in-studio and remote and being a part of the emergency response team.
- Assisting with the implementation of Business Continuity plans, scheduling exercises and checks and updates
- Studio Set-up and day to day physical security procedures
- Liaison with studio-wide teams to coordinate planning and maintenance within the studio
- Manage onsite reception operations
- Identify and manage forecasting requirements for capacity needs and resourcing project plans
- Handle quotes and negotiations for Studio requirements such as: repairs and maintenance, materials, hardware and furniture
- Collaborating with studio-wide teams to develop studio ‘How To Guides’ and ensure they and other Facilities documentation is kept up to date
- Ensuring Studio documentation is contractually and legally compliant
- Management of onsite employee onboarding/offboarding process
- Collaborate with the IT, HR & Talent teams to develop, maintain and update the onsite induction process
- Line management and mentoring of junior Facilities team members including training and development plans etc.
Duties to be added and deleted as appropriate and as required by Axis
- Facilities management experience at management or senior supervisory level within a creative studio/office environment
- Able and willing to attend the studio in out of hours emergency situations
- A good working knowledge of office environment Health & Safety
- Excellent admin skills with the ability and confidence to modify and adapt systems and processes in line with the changing needs of the business
- Proven problem solving ability
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding communication skills, including oral and written presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build trust, interact positively with others, cultivate relationships, to listen, act with diplomacy and confidentiality and remain calm and professional at all times
- Excellent team working skills
- Superior organisational skills, including prioritising a busy workload, planning and organising, deadline management, event coordination, goal setting and project management.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work methodically under pressure.
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable including responding to changing pressures and demands, embracing new tasks and challenges positively and work efficiently with various personalities and work styles.
- IOSH managing safely or similar
- First Aid experience
- Fire warden/marshall experience
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.