The Axis Studios Group is seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to coordinate day-to-day operations of our studios. Reporting to the COO, the Head of Facilities will be responsible for all aspects of estate management for the Group.
This role involves collaboration with stakeholders such as the Senior Leadership Team to provide support for project production at all facilities.
The role will include travel to current Studios Group facilities in Glasgow, Bristol and London, and to any new facilities planned in future.
The Head of Facilities will be tasked with preparing facilities budgets and monitoring expenditure, developing and implementing policies and safety procedures, engaging with contractors and vendors, directing facilities functions, developing and implementing a proactive maintenance program, minimizing disruptions to overall business operations, improving working conditions and creating a safe and inclusive working environment for staff.
- Managing the safe delivery of all aspects of both hard and soft facilities across the Studios Group estate to provide consistently high levels of performance and service.
- Preparation and delivery of regular management reports for all aspects of the facilities service provision.
- Manage the delivery of facilities and related projects such as refurbishments and space layout changes.
- Periodic review of all capital projects in terms of status, schedule, priority, escalation and risk.
- Deliver an effective maintenance programme for our facilities, including planned and reactive maintenance of all building services, plant and fabric.
- Ownership of Business Continuity Plans for all sites.
- Implementation of regular stakeholder review meetings at all current and future Studios Group sites.
Health and Safety
- Implementation, management and control of Health and Safety Management systems to ensure H&S compliance across all our premises, acting as the main point of contact for external authorities.
- Implementation of a program of in-house or external safety training in support of business operations.
- Regular review and auditing of all policies, procedures, risks assessment and method statements.
- Provision of regular reports to the Senior Leadership Team detailing statutory compliance and remedial works status, current business risks and mitigations.
- Ownership, monitoring and reporting of facilities and associated project budgets.
- Procurement and monitoring of relevant external services to ensure quality, standards and costs are effectively managed.
- Oversee and agree contracts and costs for services including security, fire, waste, electrical test and inspection, pest control, air conditioning and other such services.
- Oversee and agree contracts and costs for professional services e.g. general, fire & water risk assessments, project management support and legal compliance.
- Introduction and management of a preferred supplier list for services and maintenance.
Management and Staff Development
- Coach and develop cross-site Facilities team to contribute positively to strategic business objectives.
- Conduct monthly team reviews effectively and timely, setting SMART objectives for the next quarter which drive performance or address areas of underperformance.
- Responsibility for monitoring workload, identifying the need for team growth and business case approval for the recruitment of Facilities staff, liaising with COO and HR.
- Liaise with Senior Leadership Team and HODs when working on projects to ensure an understanding across business boundaries and to minimise disruption.
- Actively participate in business management conference calls, meetings and training.
- Contribute to business growth and implementation of new facilities in the UK/overseas as necessary.
Travel & Offsite Assessments
- This role pertains to all current Axis sites and includes the ‘virtual workspace’ of remote working during and after the international response to COVID-19.
- Travel between sites will be required when restrictions allow.
- The Axis Studios group will continue to grow, potentially overseas, and the role may need to grow to encompass this.
- The role includes the potential for health and safety assessment of Film, TV, commercial and motion capture location and sets.
The ideal candidate for the Head of Facilities will have a broad understanding of business operations, proven facilities and project management experience, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, good communication skills in oral written form, team management experience, and problem solving abilities. More specifically the candidate should have:
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH or IOSH).
- Experience of Health and Safety Management systems, statutory and regulatory
- requirements including Management of Health & Safety at Work, Workplace, PUWER, Building and CDM Regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of regulations relating to property occupation and facilities (e.g. fire safety, staff welfare etc).
- Experience of effective maintenance of building plant and fabric, including any necessary project works for both planned and reactive maintenance.
- Proven team leadership experience, including direct staff and suppliers, providing direction and development to facilitate a positive and motivated team environment.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills, with the ability to interact positively and effectively with Senior Management, peers and our many internal customers.
- Experience of managing office refurbishments and occupation from an end-user perspective, with the ability to meet deadlines, budget parameters and work well under pressure.
- Financial and cost management experience, to include the development of budgets, achieve approval and the on-going monitoring and reporting thereof.
- Be a self-starter, effective in prioritising and multi-tasking, with the ability to deliver with minimum oversight.
- Sound knowledge of IT applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel/Word/Powerpoint).
- Qualification/membership of a recognised Facilities Management body (e.g. IWFM).
- 3-5 years comparable experience operating at senior management level at a multi-site business.
- Formal project management skills (e.g. PRINCE2, Agile).
- Business Continuity planning and execution of policies relating to BCP and Emergency Planning.
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.