Axis Studios is looking to hire experienced Senior Previs & Layout Artists on an ongoing basis, to work on next-generation games cinematics, cutscenes as well as commercial projects.
The Previs and Layout Artists primary function is to create high-quality staging, blocking and camera work that makes the foundation of a successful shot and/or sequence of shots, across a variety of styles and projects
This role can be performed remotely, with working hours overlapping GMT.
- Creation of proxy assets for 3d previs.
- Translation of storyboards and animatics into 3d previs.
- Staging, blocking and camera work in 3d layout.
- Finessing of cameras at the animation stage where required.
- Maintaining consistent quality, style and continuity, both visually and technically throughout the project.
- Accomplished examples of previs and layout.
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Maya is essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to work interactively with production and other departments to solve production challenges.
- Strong understanding of cinematography, with a keen eye for composition
- Preferred experience working with mocap data.
- Experience with Maya camera sequencer a plus.
- Experience working with Maya Trax and blending animation clip data.
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.