Axis Studios is looking to hire experienced PREVIZ & LAYOUT ARTISTS on an ongoing basis, to work on next generation games cinematics, cutscenes as well as commercial projects.
The Previz and Layout Artists primary function is to create high quality staging, blocking and camera work that makes the foundation of a successful shot and/or sequence of shots, across a variety of styles and projects
Roles must be carried out onsite and all applicants at time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
- Creation of proxy assets for 3d previz.
- Translation of storyboards and animatics into 3d previz.
- Staging, blocking and camera work in 3d layout.
- Finessing of cameras at animation stage where required.
- Maintaining consistent quality, style and continuity, both visually and technically throughout the project.
- Accomplished examples of previz and layout.
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Maya is essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to work interactively with production and other departments to solve production challenges.
- Strong understanding of cinematography, with a keen eye for composition
- Preferred experience working with mocap data.
- Experience with Maya camera sequencer a plus.
- Experience working with Maya Trax and blending animation clip data.