Axis Studios are expanding their Senior team and are looking to hire experienced LEAD ENVIRONMENT ARTISTS to lead project based asset teams on a full time or ongoing freelance basis.
This role requires a skilled artist with a broad background creating different types of assets using both hard surface and sculpted techniques. You’ll be a personable, pro-active, self starter who can motivate and lead the team around you as well as work with the Head of Department to implement consistent working practice and ensure the standard and quality of the assets are consistently high.
Prior Lead experience is a must, as is thorough knowledge of Modelling, Sculpting, Texturing and Shading as well as the ability to troubleshoot technical problems. A good understanding of the asset production pipeline including pre-production, production and post-production is also necessary.
This role can be performed remotely, with working hours overlapping GMT.
- Producing high quality assets suitable for production both technically and artistically
- Managing a team of artists, keeping them on track and motivated
- Supporting a team of artists with any technical problem solving
- Technical and quality control of output on assigned project
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Managing feedback and technical challenges on project alongside the CG Supervisor and Department Heads
- Liaising with production on task assignment and scheduling of the team
- Interpreting and communicating the directors feedback and vision to the team
- Working closely with the Department Head to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity
- Accomplished examples of Modelling, Texturing and Shading
- Thorough knowledge of Modelling package of your choice is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Mari and/or Bodypaint 3D, Substance Painter or other 3D texturing software is essential
- Knowledge of Python, C++, VEX is desirable
- Knowledge of Speedtree, World Machine etc is desirable
- Basic understanding of Lighting and Look Development
- Willingness to learn SideFX Houdini workflow
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with production and other departments to solve production challenges
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently lead and schedule a team
- Ability to feedback to other departments and direct any technical changes
- Proven production experience within a team min. 5 years
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.