Axis Animation is expanding their team and is looking to hire experienced 3D Character Artist to create amazing work on a full time or ongoing freelance basis working onsite in Glasgow.
This role requires a skilled artist with a broad background creating different types of assets using both hard surface and sculpted techniques. You’ll be a personable, pro-active, self-starter who can work with your lead to implement consistent working practice and ensure the standard and quality of the assets are consistently high.
Thorough knowledge of Modelling, Sculpting, Texturing and Shading, as well as the ability to troubleshoot technical problems, is a must. A good understanding of the asset production pipeline including pre-production, production and post-production is also necessary.
Candidates must be willing and able to work onsite in Glasgow and have relevant visas in place permitting this, if required, at time of application.
- Producing high-quality assets suitable for production both technically and artistically
- Ability to work to a brief and follow concepts
- Working with your Lead solving technical problems
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Liaising with production to manage your time
- Working closely with your Lead to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity
- Accomplished examples of Modelling, Texturing and Shading both hard surface and sculpted assets
- Thorough knowledge of Modelling package of your choice is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox is essential
- Thorough knowledge of Mari and/or Bodypaint 3D or other 3D texturing software is essential
- Basic understanding of Lighting and Look Development
- Willingness to learn SideFX Houdini workflow
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with production and other artists to solve production challenges
- Proven production experience within a team min. 2 years
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.