Axis Studios seeks an exceptional MAYA TECHNICAL DIRECTOR to join our Research and Development team on an animated feature project.
Research and Development collaborate with all departments to design, develop and maintain artist tools alongside core applications and services used by Axis Studios.
As MAYA TD you would help support individual departments such as Editorial, Layout and Animation; solve technical challenges to make projects a reality; and help adopt new features and workflows. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining departmental tools for use on high-end visual effects, animation and other such projects, working closely with other TDs, Heads of Department, IT and the Head of R&D.
- Develop department tools and processes to meet production needs
- Work with the Head of R&D and Head of Department to prioritize production needs
- Ensure tools and processes meet the global pipeline framework
- Test and debug tools and process to ensure stability and usability
- Act as a liaison for communicating technical issues to Production, R&D and IT
- Educate artists on how to work with the pipeline
- Create and update documentation explaining our processes and tools
- Experience developing for Maya
- Strong experience in Python
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- 3+ years of experience in animation or visual effects for film or television
- Experience developing for Houdini or Nuke
- Experience working with Shotgun, FTrack or other production tracking software
- Experience with PyQt / PySide
- Working knowledge of C++
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.