Axis Studios is seeking to recruit PRODUCERS on an ongoing basis to work on upcoming next generation game cinematics and commercial animation projects on fulltime as well as freelance contracts of up to 12 months.
This role can be based remotely or onsite in our Glasgow studio.
The primary duty of the Producer is to manage projects, staying within budget and schedule. They provide the main point for client contact, and are responsible for the overall strategy for a successfully delivery. Along with the Director, and the CG Supervisor, the Producer is one of the key personnel on a project.
The role provides a great opportunity to work with a talented team on exciting projects, whilst managing a production team that can range from a single Production Assistant, to a team of Coordinators and a Production Manager. Problem solving, confident client handling and the ability to see the bigger picture are the key skills for this role.
Producers are under the line management of the Head of Production.
This role can be performed remotely, with working hours overlapping GMT.
- Resource management across all project departments. Includes internal resources, performance reviews, schedule updates, absence/holiday tracking and negotiating/issuing contracts for outsourced artists.
- Maintaining overview schedule and delivery oversight for all project departments, including the setting of department/project priorities and milestones.
- Serving as the main point of coordination and contact between the day-to-day production team and the project's senior/management staff
- Manage small team of junior production staff
- Motivate departmental heads/supervisors to ensure quality and stay on schedule.
- Updating Producer tracking document.
- Generating internal progress reports for management.
- Setting up and maintaining risk register.
- Lead project production and dependencies meetings.
Each of these responsibilities will be defined by the project needs.
An Effective Producer:
- Takes responsibility for ensuring the problem is solved
- Puts the outcome for the studio as a whole first
- Can both anticipate a problem and either prevent it or limit the damage
- Can see past the noise
- Delegates responsibility effectively
- Responds pro-actively to stress
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience within a CG related environment.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines across concurrent projects is essential.
- The ability to interact with Directors, CG supervisors, Lead and Technical Artists, to determine creative and technical requirements of projects is integral to this role.
- The ability to problem solve and flag up potential problems is necessary.
- A solid work ethic and positive attitude in the face of challenging situations is vital.
- Attention to detail is essential.
NB: Although experience in a CG / Animation studio is of great advantage in this post it is not essential and applicants who can demonstrate appropriate skills and experience in production will also be considered. Please note all applicants at time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.