Axis Studios is seeking to recruit PRODUCTION COORDINATORS on an ongoing basis to work on next generation game cinematics and commercial animation projects on freelance contracts of up to 12 months to work in our Glasgow studio.
The primary duty of the Production Coordinator is to support the Producer/Production Manager in successfully running a project.
The role provides a great opportunity to work with a talented team on exciting projects, and to learn and grow as a member of the Axis Production team. Diligence and a high level of organisation are the key skills for this role.
Production Coordinators are under the line management of the Head of Production.
This role can be performed remotely, with working hours overlapping GMT.
- Scheduling one, several or all departments in a project (depending on size) and managing dependencies between departments in accordance with Producer’s project overview schedule.
- In contrast to the Production Assistant, the Coordinators are responsible for looking to the future - planning out and adapting the schedule.
- Reviewing task assignments, task progress and approval status daily (inc offsite artists) to ensure the project is on track.
- Day to day problem solving.
- Compiling weekly status reports summarising progress, risks and issues.
- Liaising directly with Producer, Production Manager, Technical Supervisors and Creative Director.
- Direct liaison with clients for ground-level deliveries and communications.
- General administration and organisation tasks.
Each of these responsibilities will be defined by the Producer/Production Manager/Line Producer and guidance will be given.
AN EFFECTIVE PRODUCTION COORDINATOR:
- Motivates themselves and their team.
- Communicates effectively and clearly.
- Strives to anticipate problems and either prevent them or limit the damage.
- Works in a team, but can also drive their work independently.
- Aspires to learn and grow.
- Spends as much time on their feet as at their desk.
- Has a backup plan.
- Remains sharp, engaged and on the ball.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience within a CG related environment.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines across concurrent projects is essential.
- The ability to problem solve and flag up potential problems is necessary.
- A solid work ethic and positive attitude in the face of challenging situations is vital.
- Attention to detail is essential.
NB: Although experience in a CG / Animation studio is of great advantage in this post it is not essential and applicants who can demonstrate appropriate skills and experience in production will also be considered. Please note all applicants at time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.