Axis Studios seeks a dedicated SENIOR TECHNICAL ARTIST to join our Realtime team on a well known AAA title that’s full of character and style. Join Axis in developing brand new AAA IP from the ground up. Work alongside the Research and Development department and our CG team of Layout, Animators, Supervisor, Lighting and FX to deliver high end in-game seamless cinematics, from storyboards all the way to final characters and in game cinematics.
As part of the Realtime team you will be working closely with all of our team, helping diagnose and develop our pipeline in Unreal, Maya and other software. Be a cornerstone of our next gen development of Realtime Assets Pipeline and be a key part of the technical and creative development of the project and final delivery of our in-game content.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to shape the future of an animation studio growing it’s realtime team and embracing emerging technologies. If you are ambitious and looking for an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of animation and visual effects then we look forward to your application.
Axis Studios is an award winning studio with studios in Glasgow, Bristol and London, creating high-end visual content for film, television, games and theme parks. We are constantly looking for the best talent: enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be part of some of the best work in the industry. This role is based in Glasgow
- Support both the Artists and Development teams
- Define and maintain art workflows alongside Art Director and Technical Directors.
- Help provide documentation for Art Process and Pipeline
- Support and develop pipeline in Python & C++
- Provide suggestions on how to utilise new technologies and tools and implement them into the workflow
- Help optimise and performance test content
- Work with both the R&D and Artist teams to deliver solutions and high quality visuals
- Help Lead the development of content creation spec and support its use.
- Balancing technical support and long term workflow
- Shader research and development
- Rigging Development alongside Assets and Rigging
- Experience with Unreal or Unity
- Experience with C++ or Python
- Good knowledge of 3D packages (cross-pipeline) especially Maya
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Solid understanding of algorithms, physics and mathematics
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and proactive member of the team
- Document approved pipelines
- Excellent technical understanding of art pipelines, memory and rendering budgets
- Experience with UE4
- Good Experience with Maya
- Interest in either technical animation such as facial performance’s, rigging and kinematics and shader creation and look dev
- Familiarity with CG-oriented programming languages, image manipulation and compression, video game hardware, particle systems, command line systems, and real-time lighting
- Demonstrated ability for creative solutions to technical challenges within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of traditional animation or VFX pipelines and workflows
- An interest in cinematics and storytelling
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.