Axis Studios have a fantastic opportunity for a temporary Studio Manager to join the team for upto 6 months to cover maternity leave.
As part of the Studio team and reporting to the Head of IT and Facilities, the Studio Manager is responsible for the successful day to day running of the Glasgow studio
In this role, the Studio Manager will collaborate confidently and compassionately with key
stakeholders internally across the Axis Studios Group (Glasgow & Bristol) including Management, Production, Talent, Information Technology and, R&D and externally such as with suppliers and contractors.
The Studio Manager has overall accountability and responsibility at a high level for the management and maintenance of the Studio (IT software and hardware requirements, furnishing, interior design and other infrastructure items, capacity planning, provision and layouts) and for making sure it operates in the best way possible, in accordance with all health and safety, first aid, fire safety and legislation regulations.
The Studio Manager will have a strong can-do and collaborative work style and be action orientated. They will also possess excellent interpersonal, analytical and time management skills to effectively manage work priorities, make decisions quickly, whilst remaining cool under pressure and manage demanding stakeholders.
- Identity and manage weekly forecasting requirements for capacity needs and resourcing project plans, including hardware and software for upscaling and downscaling.
- Extract reports, review and analyse data from various databases including BambooHR, 10,000ft, Lansweeper, seating plans, Asset Tiger (inventory).
- Manage stock control by reviewing stock against forecast requirements. Using e.g. Asset Tiger software package, extract data and analyse this against 10,000ft and log the information onto a Planning spreadsheet.
- Present Planning spreadsheet, including calculations on how much to spend on materials, to IT and Studio weekly meetings with IT and Facilities, Talent Team and Crew management and negotiate with suppliers the best deals for the Studios.
- Set up and run weekly meetings with key stakeholders and present the information for the week and month ahead.
- Liaising with all these teams, establish software requirements, visa requirements, gmail activation accounts.
- Manage this information to plan for Inductions and bespoke arrangements.
- Responsible for liaising with candidates and managing the process of planning for hardware and software requirements such as access to workstations and Splashtop accounts through the management of username and password access.
- Responsible for managing the smooth implementation of hardware and software requirements of outsourced Studio through continual liaison and negotiation with IT & Talent teams.
- Responsible for continued key supplier management e.g. CCS Media, Escape, Autodesk, BlueGFX, SideFX and others on the preferred supplier list.
- Responsible for obtaining best deals and offers on hardware, software, furniture etc. and liaising with IT and Finance on price and budgets and negotiating price reductions.
- Source, liaise and organise the testing of software for license tracking and management and seating tracking and management.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Studio Team to develop ‘How To Guides’ for the Studio e.g. Phone Lists, Contacts Lists, Alarm setup, Fire evacuation lists, Fire log books, guest passes & ID badges processes, security spreadsheet, how to set up FedEx etc.
- Responsible for ensuring Facilities process guides are developed, implemented and kept up to date e.g. ‘Run Book’ for Studio which describes operations of Facilities.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Studio is contractually and legal compliant by having the correct processes documented within the Run Book and the Operation and Maintenance Manual and ensuring that entries are registered within this manual.
- Collaborate with the Studio Team to develop, maintain and update the Induction documentation process in line with changes in company processes or updates.
- Implement the outputs of new start medical questionnaires as appropriate.
- Contribute to monthly newsletter contributions as part of the Newsletter Team including thought pieces and key news pieces and write up content for the newsletter in liaison with the Studio.
Health and Safety & Business Continuity
- Responsible for carrying out Health and Safety Risk Assessments and ensuring general risk assessments are carried out in the Studio e.g. to prevent slips and trips in line with H&S.
- Responsible for reviewing Display Screen Equipment requirements when needed such as the requirement for specific keyboards, mouse, desk height etc.
- Contribute to the review and maintenance of Business Continuity Document and emergency plans, exercises and checks - every 6 months. Implement follow up actions as a result of updates to the Business Continuity Plans.
- Responsible for conducting regular reviews and implementation of health and safety, fire safety, emergency procedures, policies and training including the testing of the Fire Panel to ensure the Alarm is sounding and Testing with Skypark.
- Responsible for ensuring Fire Marshals are up to date in their training and compiling data for Risk Assessor to review when they are on site once per year.
- Responsible for liaising with the Studio Team to coordinate external contractors and overseeing and planning out any facility-based expansion or maintenance works.
- Responsible for the smooth running of execution of meeting rooms set up and ensuring they meet health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for developing and overseeing processes in relation to visitors to the studio.
- Onboarding of new team members, including overall responsibility for the administration of secure access, door passes and security ID and HR systems for starters and leavers.
- Mentoring junior members of the team and providing guidance to cross site including monthly check-in with other offices to ensure all relevant updates are made to systems and procedures.
- Seek training and funding opportunities for the teams, e.g.Foundry, SideFx, Adobe.
- Obtain feedback from the Studio on how they use particular components within software and liaise with the software houses on your requirements.
- Duties to be added and deleted as appropriate and as required by Axis
- A sound understanding of the creative processes in, and associated technical requirements of, the media and games sector.
- Proven ability to problem solve and demonstrate both operational and strategic skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to develop short, medium and long term plans.
- Outstanding communication skills, including oral and written presentation, collaboration, negotiating, influencing and persuasion skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the excellent ability to build trust, interact positively with others, cultivate relationships, to listen, act with diplomacy and confidentiality and remain calm and professional at all times.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Superior organisational skills, including prioritising a busy workload, planning and organising, deadline management, event coordination, goal setting and project management.
- Excellent ability to meet tight deadlines and work methodically under pressure.
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable including, responding to changing pressures and demands, embracing new tasks and challenges positively and work efficiently with various personalities and work styles.
- Proven ability to establish credibility, influence and build department accountability.
- Experience of managing a Studio in the creative/digital sector or in a complimentary or, equivalent role.
Training / Qualifications
- IOSH - qualified
- First Aider
- Fire Marshall
- Trained in evacuation chair, PEEP (Personal Emergency Egress Plan)
- Highly competent in spreadsheet and database software inclusive of Google Apps,
- Excel and Shotgun
- Proficient in the use of HR database systems
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.