Axis Studios are seeking to hire experienced PRODUCTION MANAGERS to work with on an ongoing freelance basis.
The primary duty of the Production Manager is to support the Producer in successfully running a project, by maintaining a broad overview of all project departments.
The role provides a great opportunity to work with a talented team on exciting projects, whilst leading a small team of Production Co-ordinator/Assistants. Problem solving, task delegation and a keen eye for logistics are the key skills for this role.
Production Managers are under the line management of the Head of Production.
- Resource management across all project departments. Includes internal resources, performance reviews, schedule updates, absence/holiday tracking and negotiating/issuing contracts for outsourced artists.
- Creating and maintaining overview/department schedules and delivery oversight for all project departments, including the setting of department/project priorities and defining milestones.
- Serving as the main point of coordination and contact between the day-to-day production team and the project's senior/management staff.
- Managing a production coordinator and/or assistant when project requires.
- Oversee project dailies, rounds and meetings
- Oversee the execution of the delivery of shots to client
- Generating internal progress reports for production team and management.
- Back up the producer in terms of client management and communications.
- Ensure all relevant schedules are fed into the studio wide database on a regular basis, such as, Timesheets & Producer tracking
- Work with departmental heads/supervisors to ensure artists are assigned to appropriate projects/tasks
- Maintain and improve on internal resource utilisation
Each of these responsibilities will be further defined by the Producer and the needs of the specific project.
An effective Production Manager
- Takes responsibility for ensuring the problem is solved
- 3+ years experience in a VFX studio
- Puts the outcome for the studio as a whole first
- Can both anticipate a problem and either prevent it or limit the damage
- Can see past the noise
- Delegates responsibility effectively
- Responds pro-actively to stress
- Drive improvement and efficiency, remaining open to change and collaboration
- Is proficient in spreadsheet and database software inclusive of Excel and Shotgun.
Axis is committed to equal opportunities. Click here to find out more.